Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2016

A Very Bad Break-Up


I trace the years of my life spent with you.
Fold them up, unraveling and curling them around.
If I could I would tag the first time I woke up and knew,
that a lifelong bondw ould not be found.

Still I'd cultivate those seeds I planted,
grow them course in a love cemented.
Instead of mourning, the death of these shrapnel pages
I would exchange my heart for loves lost wages.

For a man once sang "for all is fair in love,"
guess he didn't know the tiny tears I bear.


I decided to give my brokeness a space of respect. Often times, we make fun of the things we wrote or said after experiencing a break-up and I think this does a part of our spirit a dishonor. Some break-ups are quite traumatic, and need more than a weekend and a pint of icecream to 'get over.' I'm not a believer in covering up pain and moving on quickly, as though nothing happened. I've created some of my best (and yes, worse) art from these periods of my life. I'll be looking back this week, and posting art and poems that relate to heartbreak and sadness. for it is in these moments that we find the knowledge that we will be okay. I think the yin-yanginess of it makes happiness even more joyful. Honor your sadness and give voice to your confusion. Work that shit out, it leads to growth and gives fresh soil for love to come in.

Ciao,
@GraceKenyata

No comments:

Post a Comment